Who we are
Uppercut Games is a rapidly expanding Canberra-based video game development studio founded by industry veterans. Over the past ten years we’ve developed a strong track record of releasing original, experimental, and immersive games for a global audience.
- An inclusive and progressive employer, dedicated to healthy work/life balance and flexible work.
- An open and energetic team with a shared passion for video games and creative enterprise.
- Preparing to develop a highly ambitious and exciting new project which will require a significant amount of growth, change and recruitment.
Who we need
We’re currently looking for an exceptional Associate Producer to join our burgeoning team of amazing humans and help us create unique, industry-defining and most of all - FUN - game experiences.
Our dream candidate for this role will ideally have had at least some previous games industry experience (though this is not essential), have in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of Agile methodologies - particularly in relation to software development - and also previous experience working with external development partners and service providers.
In addition, you’ll also know your way around project management tools such as JIRA or Hansoft, and have a good understanding of the software development life cycle - including bug tracking/triage.
This role would ideally be based onsite at our studio in Canberra, ACT, but we may consider remote/hybrid options for the right candidate.
What you’ll do
The responsibilities of this role may include the following tasks:
- Work collaboratively with multiple feature teams to break out tasks, manage their schedule and ensure timelines and deliverable goals are met.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies, communicating with all stakeholders, tracking progress and escalating delivery risks to senior management.
- Assist the Outsourcing Lead with task briefs, deliverable tracking and blocker resolution for our external development partners.
- Support the QA team and feature team leads with bug tracking and testing.
- Create and refine team workflows, identify and implement process improvements where required and coach your teams on Agile best practices.
- Support the continual growth of our studio and team, help to ensure studio culture is maintained and all team members have everything they need in order to make amazing content.
What you should have
- Strong desire to create unique, compelling and industry-defining game experiences.
- Previous games industry experience would be great, ideally with at least 1 shipped PC/console title, but this is not a prerequisite for success in this role.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and methodologies, particularly in relation to game development.
- Previous experience using industry-standard project management tools such as Asana, JIRA, Hansoft, etc.
- Good understanding of the game development lifecycle.
- Previous development experience using Unreal Engine would be a definite bonus
- Exceptional organisational skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution abilities.
Uppercut Games is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage and welcome all applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.